(Eurostar) Similar Question re Gas Supplies

That may well be true in the UK. But here in NZ I don't need heating (or cooling). I probably turned the heater on less than 10 times in the last year. The supply charge for gas (even if I don't use any at all) would cost more than my entire heating bill. If I have gas water heating, the electric power company has nothing they can turn off at peak times, so they will charge a higher rate for all of my power.

The video is somewhere on a backup CD somewhere. The pipe was plastic. To seal it they just bent it in half and put some duct tape around it.

Reply to
Matty F

Well that's a cost issue, not a safety one.You were saying it was too dangerous (which you've snipped).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I said (which you've snipped):

Three occasions when a pipe has broken, causing a huge amount of gas in the air and all the neighbours to phone the fire brigade at the same time. That could have been dangerous if there was a spark anywhere.

Reply to
Matty F