Espagnolette bolts - source?

Hi - I'm looking for a source to buy built-in espagnolette bolts/locks for a set of double chapel doors(2.2m high) - surface mount ones I can find - I want the type that can be set into routed out rebate in a set of new oak doors.

Anyone know a source?

Reply to
dom

Google search for espagnolette bolts brings up 980 hits.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks - but all the ones on the first few pages are surface mount window espagnolettes - apart from one in China that does actually list the kind of thing I need - built-in espagnolettes for a final exit door.

Reply to
dom

Talk to a smith and get them made.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Wouldn't that be quite easy to make? I'd have thought all you'd need is square bar for the bolts, a bit of steel plate for an actuating cam, and a handle.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Did a lot of searching for a source for this a few months back - found that Yale do a multipoint espagnolette type system . I've just had a couple of sets fitted and they work well.

for other options

Got them from T.F. Sampson in Stowmarket 01449-613535 - not cheap - over £350 for a set for a double doors.

HTH

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

Try here:

need to download the pdf catalogue to get full details.

Reply to
Ziggur

You can also buy direct from Yale, they will deliver anywhere in the UK for about =A38. We have them fitted on the balcony doors of our flat and they work quite well. They can also come with a centre hook or two which grab the other door and help to protect against warping. The standard sizes can be cut down (due to a builder's total cockup we had to have this done).

will bring up pdf catalogues.

Yale do various handles in two spindle cross sections, 7mm and 8mm. I would advise you to go for 8mm throughout as 7mm seems to be available mostly as (more expensive) special order. Guess which were fitted here

- Taylor Woodrow must have had a job lot kicking about. Cranked handles generally offer more room for fingers. Chrome finishes cost about 25% more than brass.

Pen

Reply to
pen