ESET annoyance

I have been using ESET for quite some time, up to now I have found it completely satisfactory. As it is running out I renewed it. Whereas in the past that was that this time it requires me to input data to keep it going. Why? Surely it should be a simple means of renewing and paying the money, I object to having to jumps through hoops of ESET's making, it has renewed in the past with no problems. So a question is there a good alternative at about the same price? £40.00
Bloody Anti virus companies have a good little racket going in my view. Unless you engage in really bad usage of the Internet the free ones seem quite adequate. Brian
--
----- --
On 13/08/2019 14:44, Broadback wrote:

What data?
--
Max Demian

On 13/08/2019 14:44, Broadback wrote:

Why not use free MS Defender? I occasionally use Malwarebytes, again free.