ESET annoyance

I have been using ESET for quite some time, up to now I have found it completely satisfactory. As it is running out I renewed it. Whereas in the past that was that this time it requires me to input data to keep it going. Why? Surely it should be a simple means of renewing and paying the money, I object to having to jumps through hoops of ESET's making, it has renewed in the past with no problems. So a question is there a good alternative at about the same price? £40.00

Reply to
Broadback

Bloody Anti virus companies have a good little racket going in my view. Unless you engage in really bad usage of the Internet the free ones seem quite adequate. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What data?

Reply to
Max Demian

Why not use free MS Defender? I occasionally use Malwarebytes, again free.

Reply to
Fredxx