Equipotential bonding

£25 for Hager. Who I consider to be the market leader in quality. Possibly a little more if you do not have an account at an electrical wholesalers. MK are cheaper at most places but MK is no longer what it used to be.
Reply to
ARW

Is that MK, or MK made-outside-the-UK MK? I've heard both.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Over 50% of the house is being rewired and I am having a new CU. So nearly everything will go on RCBOs. Up to 12 circuits at the moment so this is likely to be a bit expensive, but worth it in the long run.

As discussed in another thread, the main reason for RCBOs is to avoid taking out the whole CU (or half for a split CU) with an earth/neutral fault when working on an individual socket or light fitting. I am trying to plan ahead and make the next 10-20 years as easy as possible.

Fridge/freezer on own circuit. CH on own circuit.

Planning to move the existing CU down to the shed but won't be using most of it.

Cheers

Dave R.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

So the regulations need to be interpreted differently in a naturist colony? ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk

Sure, but most builders (especially for new houses) just use a dual RCD CU because it's the cheapest way to comply, isn't it?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Just fitted this in a new build house today:-)

the phase conversion kit. It's only a single phase supply to the house.

As a general rule I aways give the smokes their own independant RCBO.

Reply to
ARW

I have no idea where the stuff in the wholesalers is made.

Reply to
ARW

Yes, I fitted one of these (actually a slightly larger version) a while ago along with the single phase conversion kit, and have RCBOs for each circuit. I love the space inside for wiring up compared to a normal CU.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

This one is not all RCBOs. The electric gate, door entry, alarm, boiler and CH are just using MCBs.

What is REALLY needed is a bus bar that supplies RCBOs with both the live and neutral connections so that you could just slot the RCBO into place and then just connect the circuit wires to the RCBO.

Reply to
ARW

Just a point. Is that a good thing in that say the RCBO on the smoke detect system fails how would anyone know just that circuits out?..

If its tagged across the ring main or lights then its quite obvious that the circuit has gone down...

Y/N ?..

Reply to
tony sayer

I have no problem putting the smokes on the RBCO with the upstairs lights. And I have long argued that for shit hole rented properties that the smoke detectors should be on the same circuit as the TV.

Battery backed up smoke detectors are pretty good on ANY circuit IMHO opinion.

Reply to
ARW