EPC in new-ish flats

Its usual for there to be notice, only a minority need an instant move.

Yeah, the shortcomings of the free market. But the free market self corrects, if there arent enough places out there there is financial incentive to build more. Unfortunately the govt makes this as difficult and expensive as possible.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Well that would be a completely f***ed up solution.

It's one of those rare cases when free market capitalism already encourages people to do the sensible thing because fuel is not dirt cheap.

Reply to
Tim Watts

/Have you been a renter recently?

Most people who do have a requirement for "available tomorrow" and at any one time that availability is very limited.  Once you have eliminated all of the properties that don't fit your size/monetary profile you're usually lef t with a choice of about 3 properties and have to select the least worst. Filtering on "insulation" just isn't practice at all in 98% of cases

tim /q

Careful with that reality Eugene...

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

hee hee...

Reply to
Tim Watts

It'll happen soon then.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Just as long as it's not based on EPC, where it's impossible to get a large detached house below an E because it's a large detached house ...

(Of course, it will be. Bastards.)

Reply to
Huge

*Rare* cases????
Reply to
Huge

That's easy, just add a few tens of kW of PV. You can get any building up to an A with enough PV - yet another stupidity of the EPC.

Thermal insulation has very little effect on the EPC, choice of fuel does. Use mains gas and you're laughing, use a wood boiler that's not on their list, however efficient, and the EPC will drop a couple of levels.

Reply to
Bill Taylor

The whole thing is s**te and I have every intention of ignoring it completely.

(Not to say I'm ignoring insulating my house - oil is *expensive*, despite the recent price falls.)

Reply to
Huge

If you have any intention of doing this whilst being a landlord you could find that a very expensive line to take

tim

Reply to
tim.....

+1

And I have worked on some sites where it is total s**te that is been thrown up.

"Of course we are going to insulate that bit of roof space in plot 7 - thanks for pointing out our error in not doing so - so Mr BCO kind Sir - can we sent you a photo when we have insulated it and save you the trouble of having to return to site?

"Of course" replies the BCO "that is very thoughtful of you - as you know I am a busy man - that will save me a lot of time"

So what does the builder do? They take a photograph of plot 3 that is insulated and as plot 3 looks like all the other plots on the site they label the photo as plot 7 and send that off.

And everyone in the biulding trade is happy.

Reply to
ARW

There is a case where the buyer noticed that his new house loft insulation was totally missing recently. Haven't seen an update.

Reply to
Capitol

[snippage]

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

Reply to
Huge

He had a loft hatch.

Reply to
ARW

Impossible? I know of at least one, a detached 7 beds, 4500 sq foot, around 25 years old, nothing exceptional in its design but a 'one off' and properly constructed. EPC is a D

Reply to
The Other Mike