Engineered wood flooring - advice please

not really. sling some rugs around.

solves all the problems. Our dogs do ruckle them up a lot tho.

you can get a sort of sticky sheet that stops it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

get shut of the dogs!

Reply to
Slider

I've been telling everyone the big one won't be around much longer.... started saying that about 5 years ago. Old boy just keeps going on and on and loving life.... when he's awake. :¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Hmm, point taken. Felt does work well, but reduces friction a little too much - I'm forever making little adjustments to the sofas, coffee table etc. because they've been bumped out of line :-) OTOH it's handy being able to just drag stuff around sometimes (e.g. completely moving a sofa to sweep under it)

Actually the other plus with felt is that it's porous (IYSWIM) - so can absorb little bits of dirt. When we first moved in we thought that the underside of the sofa legs were so smooth that they wouldn't cause a problem - but of course little bits of grit seem to work their way under there somehow, and it's *those* which can then scratch the floor. The felt does a nice job of preventing this (whilst attracting insane amounts of pet hair :-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules