EMP on a small scale

No, he means ten metres. That's why he said "ten metres".

Reply to
MBQ

On 30 Jun 2004 04:57:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (MBQ) strung together this:

But Grunff never mentioned anything about CCD.

Reply to
Lurch

A lot of companies and schools are trying to enforce bans on camera phones. Perhaps it's for a "operate it here and it will be killed" sort of warning.

Reply to
G&M

I know. I was trying to get him to elucidate !!

Reply to
G&M

I presume the child using the phone, and others within a kilometre or so, will be brushed up and returned to their parents in a neat brown paper bag?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Well go on then - tell us all what you want to kill and stop the speculations - and how about a prize for the first correct suggestion ? Nick

Reply to
nick smith

It would be nice to have it fitted to the motor with a sensor to actuate it as an effective and total ECM to the bloody cameras proliferating all over the country. Everyone at some time drives on autopilot and is vulnerable to being awarded points through relatively minor infringements with jobs being at risk as a result. Our local preventative team decided it would be nice to apply a 30mph works limit on a dual carriage way with a van hiding behind a bridge column (Bastards!) Luckily I was creeping along but it was obvious that there was no intention of preventing but catching with that setup. I don't want to generate a political discussion I just want to obliterate the threat.

Reply to
John

I am probably wrong, but aren't a lot of these cameras film-based? Where then is the CCD to kill?

I like the system on the Stocksbridge bypass - cameras every hundred yards which are attached to recognition technology. These then can measure your average speed over the whole road and act accordingly. Minor lapses will be ignored, but a consistent (say) +10mph over (say)

2 miles implies more than a lapse of concentration.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

I would find it hard to use the word 'like' but to me the one great bonus of systems like these are they make no money at all when the road is congested or blocked so it is worth TPTB keeping the traffic flowing freely.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

The Gatso with the scale markings on the road are most likely film based but anything using number plate recognition software such as found in the "partnership vans are definitely digital.

Reply to
John

In message , Peter Parry writes

New Scientist did an article on how to make an EMP bomb a year or so back. A quick google unveiled this amongst others

raden