Electronic ballasts for 8 foot double light fittings?

The discussion under "12V LED recommendation" has reminded me that I have several 8' light fittings that I should really convert to HF electronic ballasts. Where's the best (cheapest!) place to buy them?

Reply to
Nospam

Sorry, I meant 6'; probably 70W

Reply to
Nospam

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Try searching for names like Tridonic, Philips, b,a,g,

But unless you're especially attached to the existing fittings, there may be no price advantage over buying new fittings.

Reply to
dom

I thought it would be, but maybe not if new fittings are fairly cheap.

Reply to
Nospam

no price advantage over buying new fittings.

It seems you're right - TLC-direct have some fittings for not much more than the ballasts (mind you, there's not much more in a fitting than the ballast!).

Reply to
Nospam

What will it save you over the life of the fittings? What will it cost you? What is the ROI? Until those can be answered at least approximately, you've no way to know if its worth it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222