Electrical weatherbox: pragmatic solution or nasty hack?

Hello -

I've currently got a 2 low-power electrical items (a wall-wart for a network camera and a NetGear "HomePlug" switch) plugged into electrical sockets in a very dirty and slightly damp outbuilding. I'd like to buy one of these Volex weatherboxes:

that I can protect them. The power strip inside the weatherbox would be connected to an existing RCD-protected socket using some suitable flex and a

13A plug with a 3A fuse in it. The weatherbox would be permanently fixed to the wall next to the existing socket. The existing socket is on a radial from the consumer unit, not a ring.

This seems like a nice tidy solution, but it also seems to be a sneaky way of installing extra fixed sockets and daisy-chaining them from an existing socket rather than installing some more T+E from the consumer unit. Is this all OK from a best-practice and regulations point of view?

Reply to
simon