electrical distributers of MK ....online

Hi all, Does anybody know the cheapest online source for MK electrical components (switches, sockets, etc..). I was looking for a good quality branded sockets and switches plus 2 gang modular based datacomms sockets, All help appreciated.

Regards

Seamus

Thankx in advance!

Reply to
Seamus Mc Loughlin

You can get the datacomms stuff from RS components (logic plus plates which fit krone modules), pretty cheaply. I'd suggest screwfix for sockets etc, but I'm sure someone on this group will shoot me down for saying that. In small numbers, even B&Q warehouse-size places would be worth considering (now someone's going to get even more angry!).. My local one has a good range at about 5-10% more expensive than the cheapest on the net, which isn't much if you're not getting a lot and not paying for delivery.

Cheers

Tom

Reply to
Tom W

TLC Direct have reasonably good prices.

If you have a lot to get then it's worth going to a trade wholesaler like WF Electrical and negotiating a discount.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Unless you *really* like the look of MK, I'd say it's rather overpriced. Other makes will be just as reliable in practice.

Q stories about MK lasting forever and everything else breaking the next day...;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I got a load of that sort of stuff from Screwfix recently. Just went for their "select" sockets which were £1.40 for a double (dual pole too). As for data comms, their front plates and keystone RJ45 sockets were about as cheap as I could find.

Screwfix delivery is a bag of s**t at the moment thought. Although, I noticed today they finally accepted the blame was due to their moving warehouse. Previously it had been our fault for wanting to buy too much of their stuff!

Reply to
Mark Begbie
[snip]

Which ones are they? I cannot find MK Select DP for that price.

Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico

Ah, I see the confusion. I meant Screwfix's Select range, not MK's. They aren't MK units. The part # for a double socket is D14171-75, coming in at £1.45 each. They're not curved like the MK's but rather square.

Reply to
Mark Begbie