Electrical bodge pictures

I've added a couple of new electrical galleries to the site

Details on the entry screen.

When I last posted, there were criticisms of the site. I've taken on board the criticism and made changes. I'm pretty much stuck with the URL, and temporarily stuck with the slow web hosst, but I think the changes answere criticisms made.

When I started the site, my first submissions were all of diy work - hence the title. However, since then all submissions have been of work done by professionals. I've given the site a new title, and reworked the text to more accurately reflect who the perpetrators of the bodges are. I've also re-worded the disclaimer that said contact a qualified tradesman if in doubt. Considering most of the submissions were done by tradesmen, it was rather daft.

Anyway, I hope I've answered people's criticisms, and if anyone has nything they'd like to submit please drop me a line.

David

david.brown

Hmmm, maybe there is something behind Part-P, after all ? :/

Still interested in this...

think I've done a good job, however, there's always the concern that I've contravened some reg somewhere and could end up with similar pics for your website.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

A lot better IMHO! Now all you need to do is register a new URL,

eh?

David

Reply to
Lobster
[24 lines snipped]

I don't think so.

Having dismantled the (failed) daylight sensor on my house to find that the electrician had used T&E to wire it and used the earth as switched live.

Reply to
Huge

Never mind the dodgy DIY, mind the dodgy web page that has a fast-click tracking cookie embedded into it. you are a scum bag IMO....

Take you 'spyware' infested web site and shove it were the sun can't shine.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Tut tut. Any dedicated bodger knows it's safer to use the uninsulated earth conductor for the neutral. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In his defence, he had wrapped it in red tape to hint at its new role in life, and Wickes don't sell 3core+earth by length, a drum was £26 and I only wanted about 2 metres.

Anyhow, it's all rewired now, properly and safely and labelled up. All I need now is darkness to adjust the new sensor.

Part P? Wossat?

Reply to
Huge

:::Jerry:::: popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said

Me no unnerstan'. After visiting that site, ran ad-aware and Spybot "no spyware found" and there was no persistant cookie left by that site.

Reply to
soup

It uses the moderately innocuous statcounter.com

may already have this site blocked by other means

Reply to
Andy Dingley