Electric Underfloor Heating

I'm looking at installing electric underfloor heating in my new bathroom and have a couple of questions about the floor:

  1. The existing floor is tongue and groove timber over joists and it's nice and solid (no flexing that I can notice) and it seems level... Would there be any problems using a board such as Fastwarm screwed directly to the existing floor, followed by the electric cables, then a levelling compound and finally the tiles?

  1. Obviously the normal recommendation is 18mm of marine ply but I am worried that I don't have clearance for this along with everything else (I have 40mm from the current floor to the bottom of my new glass door!). Is it worth going 50/50 with say 5mm ply and 5mm Fastwarm or similar?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Reply to
duckling_whizzbang