Electric Multipoint?

I used to have a gas water heater in the kitchen that supplied hot water for the kitchen and hot water for the upstairs bath. I want an electric water heater that would do the same job. Can anybody point me to a site or recommend a heater that would meet my requirements please? I already have a tank and immersion heater in the loft but I am not happy using this and I intend to have it isolated. smicker

Reply to
smicker

An electric heater that would do the same job would require a new larger electricity supply to be installed into the house.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Wander into a plumber's merchant and pick up the trade mag from the counter. You will find adverts from a number of companies. However, the catch is that you will find you can't get anywhere near enough power to run them from a standard UK domestic electricity supply. They are more common in some other countries like Germany, but they all use 3-phase supplies.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The important question is why would you want to heat water with electricity when you obviously have gas at the property. Gas is generally far cheaper.

Reply to
Matt Beard

OK thanks for the advice. I will stick with the immersion heater:-( smicker

Reply to
smicker

I just do not want any gas pipes etc again thanks. smicker

Reply to
smicker

Thanks but I have abandoned the idea now:-( smicker

Reply to
smicker

hi ross, try W H Smith (eziot) LTD, leicester regards bob

Reply to
burbeck

Ask your plumber about a mains unvented hotwater cyliner, as far as the USER is concerened you have plenty of MAINS pressure hot water. The instalation is a little complex and must be done by an competent person.

James Salisbury

smicker

Reply to
smicker

Thanks bob but I have gone off the idea as it is not as straight forward as I thought so I am going to stick with the tank in the loft with an immersions heater and my Tritton shower and just forget the idea. smicker

Reply to
smicker