Electric Hobs which type?

Thank you all for the information, I'm inclined towards an induction type. If I understand correctly the heat is actually generated in the saucepan rather than being transmitted from a hot surface or radiated to from a halogen source. Just two more questions then I'll shut up!! Does anyone know what the frequency of the induced radiation is and could it affect one's health in a similar to microwaves? Does anyone have any recomendations as to a make of an induction type hob? Regards Tom

Reply to
Tom

No !

Reply to
G&M

I am pretty sure I measured ours at about 50 kilohertz - so not ionising radiation type frequencies and I am not at all concerned about health concerns, mainly because of the frequency but also because as soon as you lift the pan (screening) off it cuts out.

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

I believe its in the 10s of kilohertz