electric boilers and high pressure domestic water systems

hello all

the hot water system at our home is Sweden is simple: an elctrically heated tank at mains pressure, with all hot and cold throughout the house thereafter at mains pressure. Our UK home is the usual pipes 'n' tanks baffling challenge. Has anybody fitted an all-at-high-pressure water system in the UK? Does anybody know we Brits don't do it? And has anybody any experience of electric boilers of 6kw - 12kW power...Aztec, Sadia?

Many thanks

Derek

Reply to
derek.salkeld

Have you tried filling a bath, having a shower and flushing the bog while watering the garden all at once on a 15mm water feed?

Reply to
Dave Gibson

Sounds like you need to educate yourself on the pros and cons of a totally mains pressure system.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Plenty of British homes have mains-only water (mine does), and the number is growing. Not many people choose electricity for heating water here unless they have to, primarily because of the cost compared with, say, gas; or inflexibility if you are stuck with cheap off-peak electricity.

David

Reply to
Lobster