Dutch gable info?

I want to build a free standing brick garage/shed. It will be next to some old buildings and I thought it would add interest if I gave it a dutch gable. I mean the sort made with a profile of curves not the dutch hip sort.

Can find plenty of pics on google but nothing on setting them out etc. Whilst I can just go ahead and do it and solve (or not) problems as they arise, I'd prefer to harness the experience of the thousands already built over the centuries. I use the word 'I' loosely as it won't be me laying the actual bricks.

Can anyone point me to a web page or offer their own experience?

mark

Reply to
mark

I want to build a free standing brick garage/shed. It will be next to some old buildings and I thought it would add interest if I gave it a dutch gable. I mean the sort made with a profile of curves not the dutch hip sort.

Can find plenty of pics on google but nothing on setting them out etc. Whilst I can just go ahead and do it and solve (or not) problems as they arise, I'd prefer to harness the experience of the thousands already built over the centuries. I use the word 'I' loosely as it won't be me laying the actual bricks.

Can anyone point me to a web page or offer their own experience?

mark

(reposted with date corrected)

Reply to
mark