Dust extractor hose

Hi, anyone know where I can get a good deal on a new 100mm dust extractor hose.

Cheers

Rew.

Reply to
rewson

John Rumm

No, it costs a fortune wherever you buy it. Axminster is as good as any. For 2" or so, RS are pretty good - especially for non-collapsing and extra flexible hoses.

If you have a rigid run that's clamped in place at both ends, and there's no risk of fire, and you can live with the diameter not being quite right, then you can make do with the much cheaper tumbledryer hose.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

money (when I looked a couple of weeks ago, anyway)

Reply to
raden

I can't see it in the online CPC catalogue, but I remember it was about

1/5th the price of what Axminster are selling
Reply to
raden

There are a variety of grades of it though and it also depends on the intended use.

I bought some 120mm stuff not long ago and it has very stout embedded wire and very tough clear plastic. Pricing is about the same as Axminster, but far better quality.

thing that is important is to provide for static discharge control. I did this by running a braid along the inside of the hose and grounding it at the dust extractor.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

But is it any good ? There are several hoses suitable for low positive pressures, but either getting a little dubious for keeping their shape under a negative pressure, or with a rough inner surface that's prone to blocking up.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You'll have to phone up CPC tech support for an answer to that

It'll do for my requirements (venting to the atmosphere)

Reply to
raden