dry lining

good afternoon,i have to insulate a garage wall as part of a garage conversion and i have seen the metal mesh lengths and as i plan insulating behind the drylining with several layers of kingspan i need some advice on how easy this stuff is compared to conventional wooden battens,thanks as always

Reply to
bob

Not really sure what you're asking here, but I'm guessing you mean you intend fixing kingspan to the walls, affixing expanded metal mesh to these and then drylining over the lot?

You would be better off studding the wall out first with 3X2, insulating between and then boarding over, much cheaper and you could use cavity batts instead of kingspan, or if you wish, use 25mm kingspan on the walls first, then screw through these to affix your studwork, so that there's no cold spots, then use batts.

Reply to
Phil L

If its an outside wall, I'd fix insulation board on instead. Or if yo do batten it, fill the cavity with insulation.

You can do it any way you want. If you really need that extra 1" you could strip all the plaster off. Do you?

NT

Reply to
NT

That sounds like a recipe for a perfect level to me. I'd been trying to visualise how to get everything flat and square and 'by eye' (like the pros do) doesn't sound very reliable in my hands. As a toilet, I shouldn't have any issues with electrics, which makes a nice change!

Reply to
GMM