Mousey well cooked;(..

Just thought we'd do something abaht ye olde Suprima 80 (Lockouts R us) boiler.

Ordered up a CETLED PCB and fitted same. Thought we'd clean all the usual detritus out from the bottom inside case and apart from all the usual wasps and other bits there was a Mouse tail;!..

Further investigation revealed the rest of mousy wedged beside the case and heat exchanger still intact with a rather pained looking grin on his/her face!..

So it climbed some 10 feet up a fairly smooth brick wall and out to the end of the balanced flue and in and then down not able to get back out..

Poor little sod .. what a way to go;(..

Reply to
tony sayer

Sounds like it was experiencing lock-ins rather than lock-outs!

Reply to
Roger Mills

In article , tony sayer writes

Did you price a replacement for the squeaking fan :-?

Reply to
fred

I found one inside a fusebox once, I assume it electrocuted itself!

--=20 Best Wishes Simon (aka Dark Angel) Dark Angel's Realm of Horror -

Simon (Dark Angel)

I found one inside the front panel of a cooker I bought second hand.

One, for several weeks there was a Bad Smell. I couldn't find it at all. Then I grabbed my heavy camera case off the floor to go to a motor race, and there was one, underneath.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , tony sayer writes

Well ... don't send the little bugger in to me to recondition

Reply to
geoff

The family had a small beach cottage (a bach in NZ parlance) at a remote location. No electricity, but with a wood-burning stove. There was a time when it wasn't visited for a couple of years. On entering the place we were struck by the great number of dead blowflies littering all the window sills. Looking in the stove fire-box we found it was stuffed with the dessicated remains of birds, just bones and feathers. There must have been about 50. They'd come down the chimney (a steel tube), presumably thinking it was a good place for a nest, and been unable to get up again. The chimney cap had rusted and fallen off. The whole place was a bird (and fly) trap.

Needless to say I repaired the chimney to make it impossible for birds to get in.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Gib Bogle saying something like:

A couple of years ago I was just about to fire up the oil burner when I heard a scritching noise from the flue. I took off the bottom inspection panel and there was a jackdaw a bit the worse for wear, but glad to be free.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon