Drum sander/thicknesser wanted

Do they sell drum sanders there ?
David wrote:

Where?! Here in France? In Mexico? where?
You really do need to quote the bit of the message that you are replying to.....
-- Holly, in France. Holiday home in the Dordogne, website: http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr

Darts ?

--
Paul Mc Cann

Paul Mc Cann wrote:

LOL, that conjures up a wonderful picture of a load of Mexicans with furniture and darts! Nah, no Mexicans are that clever either :-) -- Holly, in France. Holiday home in the Dordogne, website: http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr
snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com says...

I'm sorry its simply not what is recognised as a drum sander.

And they will still make s***e of his backing pads and abrasive sheets ;-)

Presumable he then has to have someone help him pull them through. A floor sander has one hell of a kick as you would soon find out if you placed it on a loose board so forcing a church pew under one while attempting to take any sort of substantial cut is no mean feat and is going to take a lot of force. Light cuts possibly but nothing heavy I would imagine. How does he keep them aligned given that boards regularly skew when being fed through a thicknesser

_
Ahh the penny is beginning to drop. He is really only removing the finish and surface grime so he should not really be taking very much of a cut at all. .01mm should achieve that. But we are not really talking about heavy drum sanding here are we ?
Incidentally I repeat what I said at the beginning of this thread. No small drum sander is going to do what the o.p. requested, IMHO. I even doubt if a very large industrial unit would do it.
--
Paul Mc Cann