Driving a sound bar

What about foreign airports with their funny foreign names?

Maybe it's only confusing if you don't know the lingo.

Reply to
Max Demian

Not aware of any that label it as the exit, even tiny little airports.

I doubt it. The most primitive wouldn't even label the exits as an exit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

On ones like my Monolith DF, the amp is built on a large heatsink which pokes out of the case:

It seems to run at most "warm" for AV use... (heavy music use might push it harder).

Reply to
John Rumm

Added cost, and you would likely end up with a significant number of users listening to the wrong combination!

Reply to
John Rumm

Some of the audio systems in cars, use two alternators for power. That's to make the panels on the car rattle a bit more.

If your speaker is ported, that might double as an "air exchange" feature. but the one above that runs at 150W, I didn't see a port on it. The poor amp must be frying in there.

Having fins on the back of the sub, at least gives the amp a chance.

I did see a home sub that runs at 1200W. What are they thinking ??? The cat won't be able to stay on top of that for too long.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Yup mine (Monolith) is - but it is also a 300W amp!

I don't think the Gemini is ported... I would guess that is kind of the spiritual successor to the compact form factor REL units like the Q-Bass (the box is about 1ft^3)

(the designer at BK is the same chap who designed most of the REL subs - I had a chat with him before I bought mine since I was trying to work out if it was worth repairing my old Q-Bass (not really was the answer))

:-)

Reply to
John Rumm