Dripping Overflow Pipe

Hi,

I have a dripping overflow pipe, not a constant drip/flow. Its a newish house (around 2yrs old). There is no cistern tank in the loft (so is this mains water fed?). I've checked all 3 toilets to see if any of the ball c**ks need adjusting (2 have no overflow and the 3rd is fine). So I'm at a loss as to what is causing the overflow (as you can tell I know nothing about plumbing). Please help?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
google

Hi,

I have a dripping overflow pipe, not a constant drip/flow. Its a newish house (around 2yrs old). There is no cistern tank in the loft (so is this mains water fed?). I've checked all 3 toilets to see if any of the ball c**ks need adjusting (2 have no overflow and the 3rd is fine). So I'm at a loss as to what is causing the overflow (as you can tell I know nothing about plumbing). Please help?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
JulesH

The message from snipped-for-privacy@julianheritage.co.uk contains these words:

Could be the condensate drain from your boiler - if that's the sort of boiler you have. Or the over-pressure vent pipe weeping.

Reply to
Guy King

do you have a hot water tank

Reply to
Alex

The message from Chips contains these words:

Cor - I never knew he was married to her. I still listen to King Crimson. Play some bits to the yoofertoday and they'll tell you it's not more than a couple of years old.

Reply to
Guy King

Try playing them some less well known Hendrix or even Howlin' Wolf and they are *totally* spellbound.

Talking of odd pairings, I always try and imagine the breakfast table when P.J. Harvey and Nick Cave were married... "Pass the f*ckin marmalade !"

Chips.

Reply to
Chips

I bought a job lot cheap, don't like to waste them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Urban slang apparently "fripping on the zot" 'to lose control of one's faculties, to rave like a lunatic, to become upset and rant'. "You might want to stay out of the boss' office, he's fripping on the zot."

No, I had no idea either.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I only said overflow - not where it overflowed .....

An overflows an overflow !!! !!!! !!!!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Please don't try to cover up your ignorance! The OP said "(as you can tell I know nothing about plumbing)" so instead of trying to score cheap points, you should have explained the use of now common place internal overflows

Precisely and YOU should have explained how to look for one, internal or otherwise. Or do you not know how to determine the difference? I think not! I bet you just lift the cistern lid and if there is no outlet pipe say something like "Amah, it's one of those new internal overflow jobbies", without knowing whether it is or not! It may be an old 'external' overflow type that has been plumbed in incorrectly, but I doubt you would know how to tell!

As has been pointed out a few times to you now, anybody can have a 'flashy' web site and a screwdriver, advertise themselves as a Handyman for paid work, but do the REALLY know what they are doing, and expecting the public to pay for? In view of some of your questions posted on here I think you have started to run before you can walk!!!!!

I do not want to, and will not, get into a war of "My drills bigger than you drill" etc, only you know if you're OK doing what you do (and charging for it), but just think about the questions you are asking advice on when you are trying to gain payment from the answer! After all this is a DIY group and there are many forums around patronised by 'professional's'

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Cheap points? Since the OP stated he knew nothing about plumbing it's entitely possible that he could have missed an external overflow.

And I think you have no sense of humour at all. There seem to be certain members of this group who suffer from the British disease of slagging off anyone trying to get on in life. Perhaps it's jealousy.

Whatever, attacking my use of exclamation marks seems somewhat strange.

I'd dispute that my site is 'flashy'. It's open, clear and informative IMO. It's been checked by Trading Standards to ensure there are no false claims or misleading information. It reccommends other tradesmen for work I cannot do.

It's the year 2006. It isn't 'flashy' having a website, simply modern.

I do know what I'm doing thank you - and I'm smart enough to ask those more knowledgeable than I when I don't.

Thank you I'm doing fine. Questions are a double edged sword John. My asking a question and gettting positive helpful answers adds to the knowledge of others and can be of general interest. I also supply answers in areas where I have lots of knowledge & expertise - see the Pressure Washer FAQ for example.

And if I gain knowledge & experience in a particular area due to my gainful employment I'll be happy to share that if it helps anyone.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's considered to be bad taste in newsgroups rather the same as using caps.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)