Draining unvented system

I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

Are there any special things to do/be aware of before I shut off the main stop c*ck and drain the system/refill afterwards?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
DKSanders

Just make sure you've turned everything "OFF" before you do the job. Then make sure you turn everything back "ON" and check for leaks when you're done.

Reply to
BigWallop

The only reasons I can think of are:

1) S/He wants to add a shower but getting the HW over is really disruptive? (as opposed to the mains CW and the electric and the switch gear... Um...) 2) S/He's afraid the boier will pack in - but Megaflows come delivered with a (double thermostat) immersion, so just run 15A to it!
Reply to
Ed Sirett