DPC a few mm from edge of brick?

I'm planning on installing DPC and a few courses of bricks on Monday. Should the DPC line up with the edge of the brick? In which case how to point it? Or in a few mm?

And should it be cut back to the line of the brick in the cavity, or protrude a few mm, or would that catch drips of cement from above?

George

Reply to
George Miles

I had the plastic overhanging the blocks below.

Just the same ways as other pointing.

No, that sees the mortar bridging the dpc.

Yes, after the mortar has set.

In practice it's not a probllem. I still have one section that I never got around to cutting back and while its unsightly, it works fine.

Reply to
lacksey

normally does

flush. Not that it actually matters.