DPC for garage

I'm planning to commission a double garage next to my house. It will have insulated cavity walls and a concrete slab floor with rigid foam insulation under it - making it also suitable for use a workshop.

Being a garage, the floor will be level with the surrounding ground - unlike a house where the floor is above ground level. There will be a DPC membrane under the floor insulation and continuing up the walls. There will be a DPC layer in the brickwork, two courses above ground level.

But I'm not sure where the two should meet! If the DPC in the inner brick skin is at the same level as the outer skin, the bottom two courses inside the garage will have no damp protection. So should the membrane come up to floor level, then outwards under the inner skin, and then up inside the cavity? Or what?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Both DPC membranes will be on the same level or they won't work effectively, this will also be your floor level inside the garage, whoever builds it will have to dig out so that the floor level is the same as the drive, (the drive will need adsjusting so that it's flush with the garage floor, or near enough - an inch or 2 makes no difference either way) or if the ground slopes towards the opening of the garage, there will have to be a drainage channel laid along the front to prevent flooding.

Reply to
Phil L