Double glazed selaed units

Hi We've just had a couple of windows fitted (both about 2.1 x 1.6m, with 5 openers) as part of a recent house extension. To me, the quality of the sealed units looks poor. All of our previous sealed units are constructed using four individual lengths of aluminium (I presume) which are butted up in the corners, then the black gluey stuff holds it all in place. With these new units, the aluminium is obviously a long strip which is bent at the corners and joined somewhee along the length of the unit. Sometimes more than one join on each side. Is this indicative of a cheap unit, or are lots of units made this way? Also, any idea of price for supply and fitting of this size of window? It was a local firm, not one of the big boys. Thanks.

Reply to
Grumps

The message from "Grumps" contains these words:

I'd expect the one-piece bent method to be more reliable - there's fewer joins to leak.

Reply to
Guy King