Double box cable outlet faceplate thing?

Good point / noted.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Agreed.

But this is only the blanking plate yes?

I was thinking about that and considered bending a bit of 10mm x 2mm strip to form a offset square 'C' section, the long side screwed to the back of the box with two self tappers and the short leg under the floating mounting plate hole on the FCU (tapped to 4BA or whatever those box screws are). I could even drill another hole in the trimmed blanking plate and fit a suitable spacer underneath and another tapped hole in my bracket. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Well, I got the FCU, a couple of blanking plates, a short length of

16A flex and the multiway and upon inspection found (and something I had in the back of my mind) that the metal back boxes also had the 2 lugs on the long sides top and bottom. The meant I could fit the FCU sideways (not ideal but fully functional and brought the cable out perfectly) and retained with two screws and a blanking plate suitably trimmed fitted using two screws over the remaining space. ;-)

All in all took ten minutes, is pretty safe and easily reversible! ;-)

Thanks to all who replied, it all helped.

Al the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You lucky sod.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Tell me about it Adam!

Or maybe it was foresight when I fitted the back boxes all those years ago (not)! ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m