Dotting and dabbing, and wallpaper

I *know* this is a stupid question, but ...

I'm going to dot and dab fresh plasterboard over an internal wall, to deal with various gaps, holes, and the nib of another wall that used to join it. Quite a lot of the wall has wallpaper on it. Am I being daft if I dot and dab over it, without removing the paper first (with, or without PVA)? I could do without another unnecessary job.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Yes, you're all right ;-)

Just spent the afternoon stripping wallpaper...

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

You should have just stripped the wallpaper where the dot and dab is going.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth