JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Reply to
Andy Burns

ARWadsworth

Reply to
Huge

I'm extremely disappointed that no one has pointed out that it is extremely unlikely that she was hit with a monkey wrench. A monkey wrench is not the same thing as a pipe wrench and that is a more likely object to be used in an attack because it's a modern tool (relatively) and because idiots often refer to a pipe wrench as a monkey wrench. Other than that, not much DIY content in the article.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A student found it. Honest.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Or ball pane hammer?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Streater :

As it happens there's a discussion right now on alt.usage.english of how "pein" is pronounced. I say "peen".

Reply to
Mike Barnes

In message , Mike Barnes writes

I'd say you are correct:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yeah, because compared to real wrestling its just so fake ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Tim Lamb :

Well, "correct" is a word viewed with great suspicion in a.u.e - if a lot of people say "pain", and understand each other perfectly, who's to say they're wrong?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I just call them ball hammer, claw hammer, pick hammer (tho' that's really called a rock hammer).

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

It was 'peen' when I was a lad, and since. Small hammers were known as 'toffee hammers', for some reason.

Reply to
grimly4

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Isn't it because when you and I were kids, you could get a slab of Thorntons toffee which had a small hammer in the packaging to break uyp the toffee?

Reply to
geoff

O crap, I remember it too. It's later than you think, Geoff ;)

Reply to
brass monkey

I don't think I ever saw a packet of toffee with a hammer in it. That was for posh folk.

Reply to
grimly4