Don't

clean a toilet bowl with a pressure washer.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Photos?

Reply to
Davey

First be sure to flush the toilet. :-)

Seriously I expect that would make a considerable mess. I only ever use mine outside and when I cleared the dirt off the concrete path outside my house recently I ended up with splatter marks on the windows up to 6 feet off the ground.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Reminds me of the American jetflush toilets (build-in pressure washer, if you like). Always clears the pan, and if the sewer isn't blocked, it clears it down the sewer ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

But if the sewer is blocked?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I seem to get a blockage in the sewers every 12 Months,. I have found the best way to clear it is with a Jet washer. I have also found the way to do it is to put on a bin bag with eye slits and goggles. Shit sticks

Reply to
Corporal Jones

Or battery acid, or both.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'd imagine the ceiling above collapsed with the wet.

Many moons ago a friend tried to use a drill with a hard buffing pad on the end for this. I don't think he had read the instructions. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If the sewer is blocked and there's a fan nearby, the shit will hit it

Reply to
stuart noble

How can I uses a camera with my eyes full of shit?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Why? Don't think I've ever had a blocked drain and that includes this place where the fall on one section is minimal. Untrained females or tree roots?

Have set of rods...

I shall remember that, should I ever have need to jet wash a drain.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But a wet and dry vac works fine, currently one in Lidl for about £45. I

*almost* bought one, but I have two already.
Reply to
newshound

My Mum (who lives in America) has one of these. Marvellous things. Can you get them here?

Reply to
Huge

I believe not. When I moved back here after living in the US for some years, I had some work done on the house and would have liked one too. But I was told they weren't allowed, or somesuch. Mind you, this was 20 years ago.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I can't imagine the powers that be allowing pressurised toilet cisterns. Some jetflushes work directly on mains pressure water with no tank (the ones I see in US commercial buildings, at least - just use a timed flush valve).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Pity.

Reply to
Huge

A brief Google leads me to believe you're correct, although the regulations I have found are contradictory.

Reply to
Huge

A timed valve is perfectly acceptable under the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999, provided that it uses no more than six litres per flush and there is no risk of back syphonage.

Reply to
Nightjar

Don't think this method has much to recommend it either (apart from the laugh!)

Take care!

Rod

Reply to
Hamster

Jetflushes actually use slightly less than our standard 6 litres.

I can imagine the water companies having a real fit over plumbing the mains directly to the bottom of the toilet U-trap though! Does anyone make a quadruple check valve, I wonder ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel