Dome camera funnies

Unfortunately, the latter option is rarely used. Whatever it was, there is a newer, better one available now.

Meanwhile, we try to fix them, although I'm not sure where to start on a JVC version of a Walkman. It's too compressed...

- Davey.

Reply to
Davey

En el artículo , Davey escribió:

All you had to do was switch T mode off.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

My day job was TV production. And on location, the standard way of communication was with walkie-talkies. Quite high RF on transmit. And just about every single bit of electronics would be effected by them, if close enough. So a standard test with any new gear was to make sure it was immune at normal distances. Something like a yard or so away.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They didn't have a 'T' mode to switch off. I deliberately chose the 'T'-less model, as it hadn't worked for me on the previous set.

Reply to
Davey

En el artículo , Davey escribió:

Presumably it's a digital one. I can't get along with them despite having tried several, so still use my 20 year old steam-powered analogue one. My audiology clinic despairs of me, they'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

another

FSVO of "better" none of the smart phone calendar or alarm apps I've tried come anything close to the useabily of those found on a Psion

Most faults are not with the surface mount electonic guts but with the interface to the real world that the cack handed user has broken. Mind you the last few faults I've had have been down to poor manufacture, component not properly positioned when soldered so it moves and breaks the tracks or comes away after a little bit of use. Not that difficult to fix.

SMD Micro USB socket on Li battery back, can lugs had not taken solder properly and contacts came away from pads.

Through hole IDC connector in a modular socket not fully seated against board. First punch down pushes pad off board and breaks exteremely fine track.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

These would be analogue I suppose, with outputs of 2W or more. The ones that the security people used to use in hospitals, near ICU!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Correct, it was one of the early digital ones.

Reply to
Davey