Dogs Behaving Badly - Buckly, which episode?

The Dogs Behaving Badly with Graeme Hall - can anyone please give me a pointer to which episode feature Buckly, the black lab, which had a fear of walking on smooth, shiny floors?

Or a description of how Graeme managed to resolve it. A friend has a dog which has developed the same issue.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Yes. Search online for "Dogs Behaving Badly Graeme Hall Buckly", and remember to label your off topic posts.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Chris Bacon presented the following explanation :

I have already done that, found all of the series and episodes, I just wondered if anyone might be able to point to the actual episode.

Why might OT be needed, when the subject of the message is so very obvious, besides who made you a mod?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

That's odd, when I looked for those words, the acutal episode was detailed in the first few hits. Perhaps you're aving trouble driving Google, as well? There are no mods; besides, who made you an arse?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I have half a memory of it, but my wife's is much better. She said it involved putting down non-slip mats in the affected area(s), much encouragement with treats, and gradually opening up the gaps between them.

I once had a rescue greyhound that could get down our main (painted wood) stairs, but not up them. He (sort of) managed by taking a run at them and then scrabbling until he eventually dragged himself up to the top. It was not a pretty sight, particularly at the turn.

Reply to
newshound

on 10/09/2021, newshound supposed :

Thank you for a sensible and helpful reply (rather than the other poster wasting bandwidth). I also watched the episode, remembered the problem, but couldn't remember how he had solved it.

I will pass that suggestion on to the dog owner.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I have found over the years this problem happens with many dogs. They just cannot grip and hence they have a painful fall and of course being intelligent avoid such floors like the plague. Maybe they need rubber boots, Don't laugh I've seen it done. How long are the claws? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

There are no moderators her, thank goodness. If you read the search term exactly he put it should come up if its out there, at the top of the list. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That I don't know, it's a work friend of SWMBO. SWMBO was just being her usual helpful self, mentioning having seen a fix for it in that TV program.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.