Does anywhere sell old designs of glass ?

I can't find my previous thread, so have started afresh.

A piece of glass was broken and it's one of 8 fixed panels forming a glazed porch ( no opening windows ).

A good old-fashioned glass merchant has now identified the glass pattern as 'broad reeded'. It's totally transparent and untextured - apart from the reeded design. The pitch of the reeds is 22mm.

He advised me that they stopped making it about 30 years ago.

Is there anywhere that salvages stuff like that or else might have some left over glass from that long ago ? I'm looking for a piece 900mm x

805mm.

I'd rather not replace all the others to make it match.

Reply to
Rolyata

On 22 Jun 2005, wrote

For all I know, you're one of the posters in the following discussion, but in case not, there's a couple of sources mentioned there:

Harvey Van Sickle

So just because you're too lazy/dim to search for it, you really expect everyone who posted replies to post them again?

Reply to
Grunff

It's in the group under the subject header of "Matching some existing glass", and there are plenty of replies to it.

That's where a look through your sent items list in outlook express is handy. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Perhaps you could use a search engine like, erm, well, google....

Reply to
Nick Atty

I replied to the previous post - can't be bothered to do it again.

Reply to
Dr. Watt

Thanks Harvey.

I was not one of the original posters and that site looks very useful. In particular that dealer mentioned looks well worth a try.

To the others who seem to take exemption at me re-posting with new information.

Obviously I did try to search in various ways, but nothing came up. I also twice looked through manually and failed to find it. I've no idea if caching problems can occur when reading this site via Google, but there was certainly something odd happening that night. As far as I could tell, that thread had vanished, so re-posting with new information seemed the best way forward.

Reply to
Rolyata

On 25 Jun 2005, wrote

Some people are easily offended; if their ire wasn't raised by reposting, they'd find something else to be annoyed about. ;)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle