Does anyone know what these plastic tags are for (on hydraulic hoses)?

My new tractor mounted mower has these little tags on the ends of the hydraulic hoses where they connect to the tractor. Does anyone know what they're for? There's nothing written on them. The little red handle goes round one way only until you push the white bit in which then locks it. There doesn't seem to be any way to unlock it then.

Pictures:-

Chris Green

I don't know, and I can't make it out very well, but maybe you put two ends of a flexible loop into the holes which get wound up tight onto the red part to tighten something. Then you lock it.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur