Dodgy power/speed-control switch on my Bosch SDS drill

Over 10 years old and worked hard, Bosch GBH2-24DFR - now has dodgy power/speed-control switch.

Nice tool and I'd work it for a bit longer - but a replacement switch is about =A330.

Symptoms are that sometimes I pull in the switch and nothing happens, slide my finger about on the switch and press hard and it gets going again - apart from at some positions/angles of the drill where it completely refuses to play. Worse in reverse than forward.

Definitely not dodgy mains lead, checked that carefully.

What's the internal switch sensing mechanism? Contacts and variable resistance?

Is it worth trying to open up the switch?

Reply to
dom

Nice tool and I'd work it for a bit longer - but a replacement switch is about £30.

Symptoms are that sometimes I pull in the switch and nothing happens, slide my finger about on the switch and press hard and it gets going again - apart from at some positions/angles of the drill where it completely refuses to play. Worse in reverse than forward.

Definitely not dodgy mains lead, checked that carefully.

What's the internal switch sensing mechanism? Contacts and variable resistance?

Is it worth trying to open up the switch?

Spray of Servisol Switch Cleaner?

Reply to
John