Do zone valves get “tired”?

In 30 years on my CH system I've only had to replace one 3 port valve.

Reply to
alan_m

The only one I have is a 2-port unit. I think I should be glad.

Reply to
Davey

The MOMO design of 3-port seem, by design, to be more reliable - no springs involved, no deliberate stalling of the motor under power. They just motor to position, then switch completely off, until called to move again.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

There are two port valves like that, too. They are making comeback.

Reply to
charles

A lot depends on how much limescale build up you get. A good installation with no leaks and full of additive in a soft water area is fine. But when you are in a hard water area and a lot of topping up without additives goes on - typically because of a failed pressure vessel or minor weeping from some gland - you get scale build up the jams the valves.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

what if you operate the remainer ?

Reply to
ponyface

I expect systems to fail more with a lack of maintenance and running without an inhibitor.

Reply to
alan_m