Do I need to worry about a kettling boiler? (I installed)

Having installed a Potterton Statesman oil fired boiler, with a Y plan system, I have recently discovered, after about 3 months of running, that the boiler now 'kettles' - or kettles just before it thermostatically switches off.

It makes the sort of sound that a kettle makes, just before is starts to really boil.

I have loads of treatment (including cleaner/descaler) in the system, put the Grundfos Super Selectric pump on full, and opened all the rads to full flow. It still 'Kettles' after a while.

If I ignore it, will it harm the boiler or shorten its life expectancy?

Thanks,

Ren.

Reply to
Ren

Sounds like it doesn't have a pump overrun. The pump should continue running for a short time after the boiler shuts down to prevent this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had kettling problems with my Statesman including loud banging and popping noises. It started after about a year after I installed the boiler. I injected a tube of Fernox superconcentrate central heating protector which also prevents boiler noise in through a radiator vent. It worked straight away and the boiler is now quiet.

Reply to
roybennet