DO i need to re-apply for building regs?

I am having an extension built on the back of my house which was going to involve moving my combi boiler to a new outside wall. I have since discovered that the flue can be extended and I don't need to.

Given that I applied to building regs with the moved boiler on the plans, do I need to reapply if I don't go ahead and move it? I'll hvae a qulaified gas fitter do the flue extension

Thanks

Reply to
pablopayne

Provided the cost of the extended flue is less than the cost of installing the new boiler then in theory no. At worse you'll have to pay the £96 min charge.

Reply to
Mike

If a qualified gas fitter is doing the flue extension, then he/she will sign off any building control exemption, so this shouldn't come up.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On 17 Feb 2005 10:45:24 -0800, a particular chimpanzee named "pablopayne" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

You will have applied for an extension, and the boiler may have been one of the items considered. Unless any alteration substantially increases the size of the extension, or is for something not connected with the extension (ie, adding a bathroom elsewhere in the building), then it can be treated as a minor alteration and probably won't need amended plans (but check with your BCO first).

Reply to
Hugo Nebula