Do I need to level the kitchen floor ?

Dear All,

I am just in the process of installing a new kitchen.

I have just used a self leveling laser to mark the worktop height.

I then used a tape measure to see what the height of this line was compared to the floor.

The diference is 1cm from one end of the room to the other.

Now if I continue to use this line to make the worktop and cabinets level. Surely the fact that the floor runs out will mean that when I tile the floor it will look a little odd ? Or will this not be noticeable.

The floor is floorboards, and I am planning on using 6mm marine ply over before I lay the tiles

Reply to
andysideas

Blimey - luxury! Don't think I've ever done a kitchen with as little fall on it as that..

Not noticeable. Make the worktops level, by adjusting the feet of the different units accordingly. You probably won't even need to cut down the kicker boards, you'll probably find that there will just be a bit more gap at the top edge of the boards at one end of the kitchen than at the other, which will be concealed by the overhang of the below-worktop cupboards.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Mine is nearly 2 inches drop away. Guess who started at the low end with the kick boards full height? I now have to fill the difference at the high end somehow as I can't and won't start all over again!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Thanks guys.

just taking a 5 min break, all going well so far.

Although the brackets to hold the wall cabinets seem really wrong.

The is a bracket which mounts to the wall and looks like _____ [ _ ] [ ( ) ] [ ( ) ] [ o ] [ ( ) ] [ ( ) ]

And the one on the back of the units has a large round screw head that can adjust from the other side (inside) the wall cabinet. It just seems to sit there. I thought that the wall bracket would be shapped to accept the bracket on the back of the cabinet, rather that just having a flat top

Reply to
andysideas