DIY Scout badges

On 20/07/2014 18:12, ARW wrote:

How about a toilet cistern. You have a ball valve and a siphon.

Fine for the home stuff with J - and the scout hut has toilets so we can do that for the group badge. Ta.
--
Adam

On Monday, July 21, 2014 5:59:41 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:

Take kids to toilet. 'Now, today's task is to put your hand down the toilet and clean all the congealed shit out.' :)
NT
On Saturday, July 26, 2014 6:40:03 AM UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

S*n*f*o
Owain

Bypassing Internet filters - every 14 year old has worked out that one.
--
Andrew Gabriel
writes:

Scouts now cover the 10 to 14 year olds.
--
Adam

On Monday, July 21, 2014 6:09:35 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:

Bypassing the 13 age limit for Facebook
Setting your Facebook profile so your parents can't see it
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

The 'basic servicing checks on car' one is easy, and you get your car washed for free.
Theo

Letting other people's kids go hands-on[1] with used engine oil strikes me as seriously bold and courageous for 2014.
Possibly putting on a spare wheel and inflating it to the right pressure - assuming there's additional adult supervision to stop daft buggers kigging the jack out, bouncing on the wings etc?
[1] or hands-in, on-faces etc
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Changing a wheel is a good idea. I have the use of an portable compressor and a flat parking space outside the scout hut. I think I would prefer to us a trolley jack.
--
Adam

On Sunday, 20 July 2014 18:12:00 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

couts.org.uk/supportresources/548/diy-activity-badge/?catV,135,156&modu leID or https://members.scouts.org.uk/supportresources/550/electronics -activity-badge/?catV,135,156&moduleID So let's assume I go for th e DIY badge - that's a piece of piss. However I have now been tasked with m aking equipment suitable for a group meeting so that other members of the g roup can obtain this badge. Now I guess I can get an old CH water tank and make up a ball cock that needs adjusting and use the same tank for the "cur ing an airlock in the water" bit. Any suggestions to make this fun are welc ome. I have no problem with spending a few quid on parts to make this a wor thwhile badge. -- Adam
How about putting up a shelf or cutain pole.
On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:27:33 +1000

Carburettor setup and distributor gap adjustments? That'll fox 'em.
Or: How to change channel and volume on a TV set when the remote control dies. Hint: "You need to get up off the sofa......."
--
Davey.

Rod Speed scribbled...

Kids can do that in their sleep. Most of them get a new phone every year.

Not all of them do it the best way with something like PhoneCopy.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/install-ubuntu-desktop :-)
On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:12:00 +0100, "ARW"

Some pictures and (B&Q) instructions might give some ideas - in:- http://members.scouts.org.uk/documents/bandqresource/BNQ%20badge%20scouts%20part%202.pdf

...and most do not recognise the early signs that maintenance is needed. Squeeky wheels on pushchairs, sticking drawers, stiff taps, etc.
I get annoyed when I go to my daughters' houses and find things that need a minor fix and they haven't even noticed.

so you keep a can of WD40 and a roll of Gaffer Tape in the car?
--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
On 25/07/2014 09:44, charles wrote:

Are you implying that there are people who *don't*? <Shakes head gently>
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:44:46 +0100, charles wrote:

And presumably some 3-in-1 in case something needs actually lubricating?
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.