DIY Scout badges

Rod Speed scribbled...

Kids can do that in their sleep. Most of them get a new phone every year.

Reply to
Jabba

Yes, bootable floppies, with drivers to let them use CDs for more stuff. Very handy.

It's only fairly recently that I found an equivalent to Norton Commander for Windows. I've been using Midnight Commander on my forays into Linux since I started trying to use Linux.

Reply to
John Williamson

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

:-)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Fine for the home stuff with J - and the scout hut has toilets so we can do that for the group badge. Ta.

Reply to
ARW

Changing a wheel is a good idea. I have the use of an portable compressor and a flat parking space outside the scout hut. I think I would prefer to us a trolley jack.

Reply to
ARW

Scouts now cover the 10 to 14 year olds.

Reply to
ARW

Bypassing the 13 age limit for Facebook

Setting your Facebook profile so your parents can't see it

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Some pictures and (B&Q) instructions might give some ideas - in:-

Geo

The Medway Handyman wrote in news:3FnAv.303459 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx12.am:

...and most do not recognise the early signs that maintenance is needed. Squeeky wheels on pushchairs, sticking drawers, stiff taps, etc.

I get annoyed when I go to my daughters' houses and find things that need a minor fix and they haven't even noticed.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

so you keep a can of WD40 and a roll of Gaffer Tape in the car?

Reply to
charles

Are you implying that there are people who *don't*?

Reply to
John Williamson

And presumably some 3-in-1 in case something needs actually lubricating?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Careful, I may have to bring back the WD40 Liberation Front....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I wonder if Pulse & Cocktails sell a 3 in 1 lubricant?

Reply to
ARW

You're a nice guy, no matter what anyone else says. ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk

Take kids to toilet. 'Now, today's task is to put your hand down the toilet and clean all the congealed shit out.' :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

S*n*f*o

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Give the other kids that wait around until the one has done whatever something to do.

I recently provided entertainment for a bunch of kids by providing a block of wood, a box of nails, a few hammers, and an older kid with pliers to straighten the knocked-over nails.

Bunch of the sprogs had never hammered in a nail in before, and did so with enthusiasm. And they didn't even notice they were learning a skill!

A pallet and a bow saw might also work, providing firewood as well.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I meant norton antivirus

Reply to
F Murtz

Fitting a plug is rarely necessary nowadays. I used to enjoy fitting a nice new plug to my latest purchase.

Unfortunately there are so many variants of ballcocks now that it would be hard for a young person to apply what is taught on one - to a totally different one.

Reply to
DerbyBorn