DIY pin board

I don't think that anyone over a certain age (and it's not that old) will ever forget him!

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

I can remember my mother first ever hearing of gay people - she was approximately 48. Last of the great innocents. She was horrified when she realised that all her favourites seem to be of that persuasion. Liberace, Larry Grayson, Dick Emery, etc, etc. Looking back now, it's impossible to think anybody couldn't have known. Still makes me giggle when I think about it 20 years later.

Reply to
Suz

It's spooky you should say that, but I have already made one, about

15-20 years back. Oddly it was as described earlier, a sort of strip wood frame with corks inlaid into the front to form a winos delight pin board! ;0) The last SWMBO swiped it when we split up. Anyways that was on hardboard, so yes, when I make the next one, which will be fairly soon, then I reckon I may well push the boat out a bit for the Mark II! ;O) (it's certain to feature routed edges for a start, and mitred corners!)

Oh and I just found out yesterday after reading the discussion on french B&Q, that they sell wine corks (with printing on them!) - so they are available, it's just a matter of finding a source locally now. Don't think it'll have any Liberace tendencies though!

That bit with the inlay and fancy carving from the piano is destined for being a magazine holder for screwfix and axminster cattys in the smallest room I think! A nice (tacky & over the top) "joke" for in there is about right I think! ;O)

Ordered the grindy thing last night so that'll be here in the morning I expect - should prove interesting. Finally got my first floor of the three laid last weekend too, it's rather therapeutic (or however that's spelled; doesn't happen very often to need to know!) Survived all that, and then on Monday while getting over it, cracked two toes on book case leg, swelling subsiding at last! ;O) More than a tad ironic given all the scope for injury the weekend had! Oh well, to sleep perchance..... etc.

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

"Gnube meets Arny" ;-)

BTDTGDXR. Having Got The X-Ray once, I've stopped bothering: the local Casualty people were quite happy to x-ray the toe, and after they'd done it explained the outcome. "Well, if it's broken, we'll strap it up to the toe next to it to immobilise it while it knits, and we'll tell you to keep the dressing on for about a week. If it's not broken, we'll strap it to the toe next to it to immobilise it while the swelling goes down, and we'll tell you to keep the dressing on for about 7 days." Lesson learned, more use of footwear follows...

Reply to
stefek.zaba

I'm normally wary with power tools, and obviously that applies here too, but this thing is really nifty! So far, that and my 2' wreky bar are my BEST mates out of the whole tool stock I think; they make "problems" go away, and pretty damn quick too! ;O)

------^-- D?

I heard about that before from others, do skipped it and just taped 3 of them together - after a few more days even more colouring has come out, and it seems that was a better move than I knew at the time - it's the one in the middle of the three had the biggest problem! I reckon the nail could well be a gonner though!

Hey ho!

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Sorry, just a dypo ;-)

Reply to
stefek.zaba

Dypo[tm]; Is that a Dyson Nappy? ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

[ unfortunate image alert ] Well, it wasn't till you mentioned it (just a bad pun), but now I suspect you've kicked off the mighty Dyson IntellectualPropertySection intor patenting a series of dual-vortex nappies...
Reply to
stefek.zaba