DIY bricklaying corner profile

Regarding a bricklaying corner "profile", i.e. a guide you strap to the corners to get perfect corners. These seem to all be about 150 quid, and are quite simply designed, but probably overly sturdy for a one-off job. Anyone made a DIY corner profile ? I know its basically simple, but things like stabilizing and adjustment are never as simple as they seem. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

What's it supposed to do? I just put one brick on top of another (bonded, and with mortar of course), and use a spirit level to make sure they're vertical (in both directions).

Brick laying /really/ isn't that difficult. (Unless you want to cut a queen closer with a single blow of the trowel, or similar pro tricks.)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

I've had success with what I've done so far, but since its my first wall anywhere near as high, I want to try and eliminate possible error. And if you can bang each corner brick into a piece of angle iron, you can't go wrong. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson