distance measurement

Tie a string to the barometer. If it comes back its a boomerang filled with mercury.

If it cuts you head off it's a boomerang filled with angle-grinder.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Wouldn't it be easier to angle grind around the stalk and simply measure it's length with some string once it is conveniently lying flat on the ground?

Reply to
Peter Parry

In article , Baz scribeth thus

In fact we have used that to measure some distances for various applications and it is surprisingly accurate!...

Thats the Googleearth one 'tho...

Reply to
tony sayer

where does it say that 'black powder cannon' === 'cannon made of black powder'?

My nieces refuse to eat puddings made of Yorkshire. Quite right too,.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

and as for "Cottage Pie" .....

Reply to
charles

50 mtrs £ 56
Reply to
Vass

with a Scuba suit?

Reply to
Vass

+/- 0.5 mtr
Reply to
Vass

Only in areas where the photo is high res, unfortunately its about as clear an image as a 5 yrs olds painting

Reply to
Vass

And it measures the path taken - including ups and downs - not absolute distance between end points.

Reply to
polygonum

Let's not bring Cyril Smith into this.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It should be pretty obvious to anyone who has done GCSE maths or equivalent. DO you need me to wipe your a**e as well?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

That isn't, however, what he said.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Still insufficicent.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Agreed The direction of the baseline is the important element missing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There's a 100m silverline one on amazon for only £15.

Reply to
GB

on 14/11/2012, Man at B&Q supposed :

I predate GCSE maths :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

BZZZT!!! this is NOT a laser measure it is an ultrasonic measuring device but has a laser for you to target, there is a MASSIVE difference between ultrasonic and laser measures.

Reply to
Vass

Or corn oil. I'm not eating extract of pressed bunion.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I don't see the connection bunions aren't corns.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice