Dishwasher Leaking

My dishwasher (Miele G665SC) had leaked terribly and limescale was everywhere. After cleaning everything, its functioning fine, but water is once again very slowly dripping out of a drain hole at the bottom of the motor/pump, onto the base of the unit. What is usually the problem in this case? I think the water is getting through the shaft opening of the impellor; perhaps a damaged rubber washer? What can be done to fix this - given that a replacement pump will cost about £200!

Also, the unit is only 5-6 years old. I discovered that the water hardness meter was set to '2' all this time, for soft water, but of course London water is relatively hard. Could this have caused the leak problem?

Reply to
pb

Hi,

If it's not affecting the motor and there is space underneath you could get a 'condensate pump' to remove the water:

Maybe some scale has stuck in a seal, a few washes with dilute vinegar or dishwasher cleaner could fix it. Does it leak even when off?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Hi,

If it's not affecting the motor and there is space underneath you could get a 'condensate pump' to remove the water:

Maybe some scale has stuck in a seal, a few washes with dilute vinegar or dishwasher cleaner could fix it. Does it leak even when off?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

or a bowl ;)