Dishonest plumber sent to jail

jolly good thing too. His kind are bad for the public, and bad for honest tradesmen, who are likely to be tarred with the same brush.

Reply to
Richard Sterry

So that's where the meeja gets these unfeasably large figures for plumbers' earnings!

Reply to
John Stumbles

And in his defense the he "failed to resist the temptation to overcharge".

Sorry, but there's overcharging and there's overcharging.

and 425 per quarter hour is stealing

tim

Reply to
tim

I just liked the photo. The BBC has a very good knack of finding appropriate ones for the story.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

At last. Let's build more prisons to house the rest of them.

Reply to
StealthUK

Whilst they're all in there, they could be moderising them... Oh hang on, they'd probably all collapse and the inmates escape. Back to the drawing board...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indeed so. A lot of effort has to go into convincing any new cusomter that you are going to act and charge resonably. The effort would be greatly reduced if there was not a culture of suspicion set up by the unscrupulous minority.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I thought that was the going rate for a plumber

Reply to
Scott Mills

Judges are generally appointed from the ranks of barristers who have served their time as solicitors, and defending clients at exhorbitant rates amounting to hundreds of pounds per hour which the rest of us can only dream of.

Which gives this judge the right to criticise a plumber??????

Sorry, I'm not defending the plumber because I think he was wholly in the wrong and he deserved the punishment. But it smells more than a bit that a judge who has earned hundreds of pounds per hour sitting behind a desk is able to offer such scathing comments.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Nah. Let's hang them, it's cheaper.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Ah, but he's a "professional person" and can sign passports, just like doctors, teachers and bank managers.

Doctors practise; people who can't do something teach it, and bank managers...... well you know the old story of why the Irish (pre-Euro) called their currency the Punt. It was the only word that they could think of that rhymes with bank manager.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , PoP writes

When he wakes up, that is.

Reply to
geoff

In message , PoP writes

(some might), and I think judges take quite a pay cut to become a judge.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

IME is actually about 50/50 ranging between outright criminals, through overpriced shoddiness, via reaosnably competent to sheer craftsman.

The price charged seldom reflects the quality either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I tend to find the more reliable and honest ones charge the fairest prices.

This doesnt apply in all cases, and their are 2 local firms which are actually known for being expensive, but have a good reputation.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner