Disconnecting Bathroom Heater

How do I disconnect an electric bathroom wall heater (fan type) as I am installting a radiator and have no further need for it. the cable is plastered into a channel cut in the solid wall.
Many thanks
On 23 Feb 2004 05:19:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gofree.indigo.ie (Niamh Gaston) wrote:

Try and locate the other end .... it could be on a fuse of its own if you are lucky

Terminate in accessory box and fit blank plate.
or
Remove circuit or cable if it is spurred off a socket.
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.

writes

Removed the single socket outside the bathroom to find 3 cables (3 sets of in grey cover) running into it. Two of the three sets are twisted sets and the third is a set of single core. I have tried every combination of disconnecting each but no difference. Then removed the floorboards to follow the 3 cables to the junction. All seems normal. No other cables other than these 3 running to the bathroom at all. Checked that it might be wired to the lights (don't ask, v.old house with v. dodgy rewiring techniques by previous owner)but evidently not this either.

If you've disconnected the lot and there is still power to the fan heater, then another cable must go to the bathroom.
Christian.