Dimmer spares.

Yes it is quality has little to do with it. For dimmable LEDs you need a trailing edge dimmer.

So you're saying buy a good quality dimmer that can't dim LED's

Which I had brought a week or so before.

No . I toild yuo at the time I went to B&Q and those dimmable LEDs are stil l working OK now I'm using a dimmer suitable for LED's

I told yuo before there's enopugh info out there for even you to be able to work it out. Just lok around although I do believe that even big clive mas sive john or whatever got something wrong but he still managed to explain i t in a simple enough way that even you might understand.

Why do dimmers need clip on casings ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'm quite happy with LEDs for ambient lighting. And in most circumstances LEDs are OK to read by. Whole room kitchen and workshop I don't find them so good - too 'spotlighty'.

Indeed - I am a bit mean, coupled with a weird habit of leaving lights on in rooms/areas I'm not using. Maybe i'll change :-)

Reply to
RJH

while many LED lamps ae "spotlighty", I've have some candle ones which provide very similar illumination to their halogen predecessors.

Reply to
charles

yes it is strange people are quite happy to leave lights on they are not using I do it all the time, it;s called securioty lighting and peole are willing to actual pay to have it installed amazing isn't it. Others pay people to stand around doing sweet FA for hour after hour too.

Reply to
whisky-dave