Dimmable LED tubes.

This thread had mainly expired here and can't remember your earlier post.

If you can, could you answer the rest of my post?

The price will soon be forgotten if they do what I want.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

They show a diagram on their website

[[[ here's some previous part of the thread

on 9th Jan 2022 Dave Plowman wrote: >

]]]

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy - I couldn't find any tech info on their site. Must try harder.

The LED tubes I got to replace florries in ordinary fittings were pretty well the same as the originals - (near) 360 degree output. These look to be nearer 180 degree. But hopefully OK in service.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Only got a chance to investigate properly now. No instructions of any sort supplied.

The supplied drivers have an adjustable output, via DIL switches.

For the smaller tube:-

Current between 350mA and 700 mA with 8 settings.

Tubes do not say what current they take. They are marked 12w 36-42v.

Calculation says that is 285mA - 333mA.

You can perhaps understand my confusion.

Most sites have a technical section with data sheets etc that answer this sort of question.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Not sure if the downloads vary for the different length tubes, but from the 90cm product page

Andy Burns

Had a brainwave - rare occurrence.

Googled the make on the drivers - EUCHIPS - and found the maker, who had the full spec in the description of each model, including the setting to use for the tube wattage.

Just WTF I had to search for this, only Voltacon could answer.

Before finding this I emailed them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Thanks, Andy. I couldn't find that. There did look to be some links that might give what I wanted, but didn't work with Win10 and Firefox.

However, that doesn't cover the drivers they supplied.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Having examined the spec sheets for the supplied drivers (between shopping etc) The small one for the shortest tube has a minimum setting stated for

12w tubes. Correct for the one I have.

The larger one says minimum setting for 32.5w. The larger tube is marked

30w.

Not knowing much about such tubes, is 32.5w a common size? Is a near 10% error OK?

Last thing I want is the two tubes giving different light levels per inch or whatever. Or indeed shortening the life of such an expensive item.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Thought y'all might like an update.

Main complaint was the 180cm tube plus driver didn't match the light output per cm of the 90cm plus driver one. Annoying, given they are in the same run.

Got nowhere with email or online contact with Ledison, so Googled the CEO and wrote him a letter. A month ago.

No explanation of why my problem, but they've refunded the cost. Without returning them.

Think the solution may be to replace the 180cm tube with two 90cm ones, so three the same.

As otherwise, I'm delighted with them. The colour matches other LEDs in the room just fine - and being able to dim them very satisfactory.

But before, I might just try increasing the drive current to the 180cm tube. As it now owes me nothing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Lot less farting around using a cut to length led strip and a bought washable plastic thing it slides into which is attached to the bottom of the overhead cupboards.

Reply to
Jacob Jones

Except that it looks like what it is. Good enough for Oz, though, I'm sure.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Plenty of choice of what it looks like.

Reply to