Dilemma.

I have a hospital appointment booked for later this month. Not urgent - just a check on treatment which has been ongoing for over a year. I'd guess they do an approximate schedule of treatment from the start, so could have been booked many months ago.

Got a call from the hospital today. Moving it forward a day, and changing the location from a small clinic to a large hospital. The clinic is local and I know it well. Usually pretty quiet, and could get to the waiting room without being near anyone.

The hospital, I dunno at all. Not my local one.

Think I'll contact them and make sure they know I'm one of those told by the NHS to stay indoors totally for 12 weeks. Although getting out of the house for a morning does sound rather appealing - I've not even driven for weeks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I agree, I suspect they do not know about your other conditions. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

My last appointment, in March and of a similar level to yours, was changed to a telephone conversation with the Consultant. I feel that there was at least the same amount of useful exchange and none of the usual peripheral chat. My next 3: one is elective and not urgent, the other 2 can be done by 'phone, with some info. sent by e-mail. Might be worth seeing if you can do the same.

Reply to
PeterC

You should probably ring them to discuss it. They cancelled my wife's check-up for her broken shoulder and a consultant rang her instead. She is fit and well apart from the shoulder damage but the hospital has effectively closed down almost all but essential clinics at present.

All their resources are diverted to keeping ICU's running full tilt.

If you are in the stay at home cohort then the system ought to have known but given NHS IT systems I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

Reply to
Martin Brown

This check can't be done by telephone. It involves inserting a camera to have a look, to be certain the treatment has worked. I've had three similar after each group, with the time after the treatment varying. Usually about a month afterwards - but one 6 weeks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now, where's that USB endoscope you have? This is DIY, in case you've forgotten. Don't forget webcam on face at same time - we need some amusement!

Reply to
PeterC

I'd have to start off with an angle grinder. To get the hole big enough. Or perhaps an SDS. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think you should start with a white pillow case and make yourself a hood.

Goggles - welding goggles will do. Even swimming goggles, painted white.

You must have a respirator somewhere, surely?.

Use a white sheet to cut yourself a poncho.

Gloves - preferably the elbow length gauntlets you use for handling brick acid.

A plastic apron

Wellington boots. If possible paint them white.

Practise breathing like Darth Vader.

Hopefully, by the time you've finished, you'll look sufficiently daunting that nobody will come within 100 metres of you, let alone 2, and you'll be perfectly safe!

Umm, you haven't got a Geiger Counter, have you? And an old luminous watch?

Reply to
GB

Nobody cares, One less whining Labour supported less

Whats not to like. Have you made a will

--

Reply to
GB