Digging a pit

Surely the only way to have the whole car off the ground is by means of a crane?

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Which exactly applies in my case as I already said that I wanted to acquire an old car again, like I drove in my youth.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

The ones I drove then are all in museums ... :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How about: "Correct me if I'm not mistaken..." Another good-un!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

No, sky hook, otherwise it's still on the ground via the crane....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Whoa, you're conflating hoists and stands, when the two are completely different! Of course I would use a hoist, but how do I get a hoist into a domestic garage? And even if I could, i.e. if I had a double garage maybe, though it would have to be double height as well, how could I afford one? Hoists cost a lot of money, you know. A pit costs practically nothing, especially if you live near a railway line.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

You're right, of course. By the way, what does 'vehicle' mean?

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Wanna bet! Just see Dave and Jerry go now! Whoosh, they're off!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Oh, dearie me. There do seem to be rather a lot of clueless idiots in your world!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

As long as someone stands on the bottom rung...

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

er - I'm trying to work that out!

It's very hot ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

legislation

I know, but you asked me what I would use, and I told you a hoist and if not, stand - were is the problem in that ?

Of course I would use a hoist, but how do I get a hoist

Just shows how much you know then, doesn't it....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

By the way, what does 'vehicle' mean?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Not in mine, but there sure is in yours !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Oh! My drawers'll never dry ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

From Miss Cackle's Academy for Witches! By Jill Murphy. My niece loves them! Mildred Hubble is, some people believe, the original Harry Potter, and note the name "Hubble" and think of space...

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

That's where I belong...

People come by and whisper, so the meteorite didn't get everyone, then?

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Oh? I reckon the bloke who thought it up reckoned it was cool!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Mary